Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tea for the calm minds


Tea is an infusion made by steeping processed leaves, buds, or twigs of the tea bush, Camellia sinensis, in hot water for several minutes, after which it is drunk.
The processing can include oxidation, heating, drying, and the addition of other herbs, flowers, spices, and fruits.
The four basic types of true tea are black tea, oolong tea, green tea, and white tea.
The term "herbal tea" usually refers to infusions or tisane of fruit or herbs that contain no Camellia sinensis.[1]
Tea is one of the most widely-consumed beverages in the world, second only to water.[2] It has a cooling, slightly bitter, astringent flavor.[3] It has almost no carbohydrates, fat, or protein. Tea is a natural source of the amino acid theanine, methylxanthines such as caffeine and theobromine,[4] and polyphenolic antioxidant catechins[3] (often referred to as tannins).
The word tea came into the English language from the Chinese word for tea (), which is pronounced tê in the Min Nan spoken variant.

Love Story By Andrew,

Its was a cold raining day, As I was sitting in the Cafe looking out the window all alone... As I look outside wondering what to order as I just came in to the door. Soaking wet and cold, I look outside the window. As i stood there staring, a girl came up to me and afore me a cup of hot tea, It was the waiter whom is supposed to take my order. She smile at me and walk away. At that moment she took my breath away. She is the first person that makes me feel that way. As I drink my tea, it taste sweet but yet calming. A tea which warms the heart after the cold rainy day. Customer after customer, until the rain stop... I stayed in the cafe, staring outside the window, this time my mind was not wondering outside the rainy streets, but at the girl smile and warm appearance. As the shop is almost to close, I went up to her and ask for the bill. So she gave the bill, as I walk I check the receit, behind it wrote a phone number and a name... Its a name, I name which i remember that day... Cassie.
(To Be Continue...)

No comments: